Collect and revisit web pages.
Conifer is a web archiving service that creates an interactive copy of any web page that you browse, including content revealed by your interactions such as playing video and audio, scrolling, clicking buttons, and so forth.
Online Now ≠ Online Tomorrow
Links break. Information is removed from the web. Services disappear and redesigns happen. Make sure that what’s important to you will stay available.
Capture Complex Webpages
Autopilot Your Captures
Capturing pages on a popular web platform? Autopilot behaviors may be able to speed up your capture via automation.
- Login and Capture
- Capture what you see on websites when you're logged into them, and share archived pages without revealing your credentials.
- Publish and Share
- Make your collections publicly accessible or keep them private.
- Own Your Data
- Download your web archives in the ISO standard WARC file format.
- Pre-configured browsers for best capturing results
- Conifer's Remote Browser feature provides access to a range of preconfigured browsers running on the Conifer server. They offer for the most thorough capture of network traffic, and support for Flash.
Conifer is an open source web archiving initiative by Rhizome, an institution supporting born-digital art and culture
Becoming a supporter or donor helps us offset our operational costs, keeping Conifer a sustainable project.
Conifer is a project of Rhizome, a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your donations are tax-deductible.
In partnership with the Webrecorder project, we aim to make web archiving accessible to all, and ensure interoperability in between tools. Here are some apps we have developed together:
Webrecorder Desktop App
Create, manage and store web archives on your local computer; import them to Conifer for public presentation.
Webrecorder Player App
Export Conifer collections and access them offline.