- Browse All
Easily format your title and reference page in Chicago style
Are you writing your first research paper or essay in Chicago formatting style? You must have been thinking of publishing your research paper because the Chicago Manual of Style is mostly used for published works. Well, good luck. Publishers require you to completely format your papers according to the said formatting style. Otherwise, they do not even consider your paper for publishing. Therefore, if you are really serious about getting your first paper published, you should make sure that you have followed all the formatting guidelines of the particular format or get assistance from essay writer.
To prepare students for exactly this moment, many teachers also direct students to follow Chicago formats in their essays and other writing assignments. In such cases, teachers expect from students to write properly formatted papers according to the Chicago style. If they find out that students have failed to follow the formatting guidelines, they deduct points for that and often ask them to revise the assignment and resubmit.
Are you not familiar with the Chicago format? Have you never used it before? Are you afraid you will lose the formatting points? Well, stop fretting. You can take online essay writing help. There are hundreds of online free essay writer out there on the internet. If you only need help with formatting, you can provide them your completed paper and ask them to check if there are any formatting mistakes in it. You can also have your paper proofread from them. They have professional academic writers with years of experience. They will make sure that your paper is error-free.
Most of the students hate academic writing. But no matter whether you like it, love it or hate it, you will have to write scores of essays throughout your academic life. If you think that you can graduate from college or even high school without writing essays, you are fooling yourself. But of course, using professional essay writer services could always be helpful in this regard.
If you are a student and don’t want to take any help with the Chicago formatting of your paper or essay, you should at least make sure that your title page and the reference page are properly formatted. A formatting mistake on the title page is a cardinal sin, for which there is no pardon, so make sure that at least your title page is properly formatted. If you don’t know how, here is how to do it.
Formatting Title page
Before you go on to create a title page, you need to know that according to the Chicago manual, a title page is not mandatory. You only need to include it if you are directed by your teacher.
- If not directed, you do not need a separate cover page and can only write the title of your essay on the top of the first page in the center.
- On the title page, the title appears one-third of the way down from the top of the page
- If there is a subtitle, it would appear below the title
- The writer’s name, class, and date of submission, etc. are given at two-third of the page
- All text of the title page is double-spaced and centered
- The title page is not numbered
The Chicago style gives writers two options to document sources: The notes-bibliography and the author-date system. If you are using the author-date system, you will enlist your used sources in the reference list at the end of your paper. Here are some tips to create a reference list in expert essay writer guide as well according to the Chicago manual:
- It would start on a new page
- All of the references are alphabetized by the author’s last name
- In case there is no author of the source, you can alphabetize it according to the title
- The page is named References and it appears at the top, centered
- In case of several references by the same author, you should arrange it chronologically, with the earliest work appearing first
- For references longer than one line, a hanging indent is applied
- This collection has no public lists.